Prior to entering real estate Dave attended Queensboro Nursing School, NYPD Police Academy and had a very successful career as a Police Officer and retiring as a Sergeant. Dave brings his people skills and computer knowledge that he obtained from the NYPD into the real estate field. While working as a Police Officer Dave obtained his real estate license in 1995 and assisted his wife and full time Realtor® Nancy. After responding to the 9-11 World Trade Center tragedy and losing his partner Dave retired in 2002.
In 2000 Nancy & Dave left Diana Duarte Realty to work at RE/MAX Universal and then in 2007 leaving to open the first NYC Keller Williams Realty franchise.
About Dave Legaz
- Dave is the Team Leader of a successful real estate team consisting of 6 additional agents
- Dave, a RE Broker, is a strong believer in education and has obtained the following designations: ABR, CIPS, CRS, e-Pro, GRI, RSPS, SRES.
Dave's REALTOR® Designations:
- ABR® – REALTORS® with the ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative) designation understand the special needs of buyers. By working with an ABR®, you’ll be working with someone who has gone the extra mile by completing specialized training in delivering the best in buyer representation services.
- CIPS – With NY being in the top five Cities searched by foreign buyers and that $92 Billion is expected to be spent this year in the US, I have successfully completed the Certified International Property Specialist designation course. This specialized training allows me to help clients with the unique difficulties of being an international buyer. My experience and expertise helps foreign buyers navigate the complex, time-consuming and overwhelming process of purchasing in the US.
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) REALTORS® understands the complexities of the housing market, how to best position your interests and someone who will get to know you and what you want from the transaction. Only 3% of REALTORS® have successfully completed the 32 credit course.
- GRI – A REALTOR® with the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation is trained in many areas, including legal and regulatory issues, professional standards, the sales process and technology. A minimum of 90 hours of training is required to achieve the GRI designation.
- e-PRO® – e-PRO® certification indicates that a REALTOR® has been trained on social media strategies and technology tools required throughout the real estate transaction.
- SRES® – When looking for a real estate professional that will respond to your specific 50+ real estate needs, look for a Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Designee.
- RSPS - Recognized as an official NAR Certification, and allows buyers and sellers to have confidence in the ability of a REALTOR® who specializes in buying, selling or management of properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in a resort, recreational and/or vacation destination, to assist them with their search.
Current Elected Positions:
- 2013 to Present: Board of Director, National Association of Realtors®
- 2012 to Present: Board of Director, New York State Association of Realtors®
- 2015: Executive Board of Director, Long Island Board of Realtors® - Treasurer
- 2014-2015 Executive Board of Director, Chinese American Real Estate Association - Secretary
- 2013-2014 Founding Board of Director, Asian Real Estate Association of America - New York East Chapter
Local & National Committees:
- National Association of Realtors®: Member Communications Committee
- NYS Association of Realtors®: Vice Chair of the Organizational Planning Committee, Article 12A working Group, Co-op Issues Working Group, Legislative Steering Committee & Professional Standards Committee,
- Long Island Board of Realtors®: Executive Board of Directors, Public Relations, Legislative, Professional Standards, Education Committee & Common Interest Ownership Committee
Appointed Keller Williams Realty Positions:
- Associate Leadership Council at Keller Williams Realty Landmark (2007-2012)
The Associate Leadership Council is comprised of agents from the top twenty percent of the Keller Williams® agent body in the office. The purpose of the Associate Leadership Council is to guarantee our associates a vehicle for giving direct input as to the operation of Keller Williams®.
The ALC is actively involved in the leadership of the company, holding ownership and management accountable to live within the budget, and participates in attaining the goals of the Market Center i.e., production, drive profit, education and standards and principles. The ALC acts as the Market Center's "Board of Directors" and are the guardians of the culture.
- International Associate Leadership Council at Keller Williams Realty International (2009-2012)
This prestigious appointment is similar to the Market Center this council makes policy decisions that drives the direction of Keller Williams Realty International.
- Keller Williams Realty Cultural Ambassador 2014 Award for demonstrated the ability of "Doing The Two!" (Being a Mega Agent and one who exhibits a culture of giving, sharing, and helping to grow the culture within KW by teaching his best practices that made him successful.
- LIBOR with the 2014 Realtor® Spirit Award for his efforts in bringing awareness and raising over $21,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), as many World Trade Center First Responders are now suffering from Blood Cancers. Dave was a 9-11 First Responder as a NYPD Sergeant and fears he may also succumb to cancer as thousands of others have due to their exposure. Unfortunately, Dave lost his partner there on that awful day.
- AREAA's National Top 25 Top Producer 2014 List at #19
- National Association of Hispanic Professionals (NAHREP) - 2014 Realtor® Excellence Award
- LIBOR 2014 Realtor® of the Year Award Recipient